1. The website visitor (“visitor”) (as “Data Owner”) gives explicit consent to Al Baraka Islamic Bank (as “Data Manager”) to collect, process, use and share the personal data to provide banking products and services for future development, and to carry out any obligations owed to visitors and for other related purposes, including monitoring, automated decision-making and statistical analysis of its business, crime prevention, legal and regulatory compliance, and marketing.
2. The visitor’s personal data is protected under Bahrain Personal Data Protection Law (PDPL) (Act No. 30 of 2018) and the Bank ensures implementing selective security measures for protecting your privacy. The Bank shall implement technical and organizational security measures to keep the visitor’s personal data secured and protected including when cross border transfer and storage.
3. Al Baraka Islamic Bank webserver automatically records details about the visit including IP address, the website from which the visitor visited the website, type of browser software used, website pages that the visitor has visited, and date and duration of the website visit.
4. The personal information collected by Al Baraka Islamic Bank is retained for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected.
5. Al Baraka Islamic Bank may share visitor’s personal data with ABG Group entities and to those who provide services to Al Baraka Islamic Bank or act as Al Baraka Islamic Bank agents, to any person to whom Al Baraka Islamic Bank transfers or proposes to transfer any of its applicable rights or obligations and to licensed credit reference agencies or other organizations that help Al Baraka Islamic Bank and others make credit decisions and reduce the incidence of fraud or in the course of carrying out identity, fraud prevention or credit control checks. Al Baraka Islamic Bank may also transfer information collected and held about visitors to any country ensuring adequate security measures maintaining visitor’s privacy:
i. to the extent that it is required to do so by any applicable law or regulation;
ii. where there is a duty to the public to disclose;
iii. where Al Baraka Islamic Bank interests require disclosure; or
iv. at a visitor's request or with a visitor's consent.
6. Users have the right to access or correct any information Al Baraka Islamic Bank collects and processes. Request data deleted, blocked, or corrected as long as compliant with Bahrain Laws and CBB regulations. Al Baraka Islamic Bank shall process such request free of any charges, if accepted, within a period of 15 days, otherwise as stipulated by the Law. A consent once given by the user can be withdrawn at any time for any future actions. The user can exercise rights under Personal Data Protection Law, may contact Al Baraka Islamic Bank in writing at:
Email Address: [email protected]
Al Baraka Islamic Bank
P.o. Box 1882, Manama, Kingdom of Bahrain
Data Owner Rights Request Form