Mr. Ashraf Al-Ghamrawy Vice Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Al Baraka Bank Egypt started his career since 1977 as a legal accountant specializing in the field of financial institutions and banks. He then moved to work in the banking sector during 1979 and was incorporated in various banking jobs until 2003. He was the CEO and Managing Director of Al Baraka Egypt Bank – previously known as Egyptian Saudi Finance Bank. The number of branches at the time was 10 branches with a total budget of LE3.3 billion. He has managed since his presidency of the Executive Management of the Bank as a leading Islamic institution that has strongly placed itself on the Egyptian banking market. As one of the branches of Al Baraka Banking Group, the pioneer of Islamic banking in the region, the number of branches reached 32 in addition to two Exchange Offices in Giza, and Hurghada. By 2018, the Total Budget reached 62.5 billion EGP, and the Net Profit exceeded 1 billion EGP.
1- The Gold Medal of Merit for his leadership in the Arab region from the Academy of Excellence in December 2014.
2- Otherways Management & Consulting Paris - France:
- The Global Award for Perfection Quality & Ideal Performance in July, 2017.
- The Platinum Technology Award for Quality and Best Trade Name in May 2018.
- The International Achievement Award for Quality and Business Excellence in September 2018
3-The IFN Awards Ceremony, Dubai from Islamic Finance Awards In March 2018
4- The Best Practice Award in May 2018 from The European society For Quality Research.
5- The Arabian Eagle Award as a Leading Banking Figure from Tatweej Academy in 2018.
He also holds the following positions:
1. Member of the Board of Directors and member of the Executive Committee, Al Baraka Islamic Bank, Kingdom of Bahrain.
2. Member of the Board of Directors of the Egyptian Company for the establishment and management of commercial centers.
3. Member of the Board of Trustees and Treasurer of the Egyptian Foundation for Zakat,
4. Member of the Board of Directors and Chairman of the Credit Committee Al-Tawfiq Leasing Company.
5. Member of the Board of Directors and Chairman of the Audit Committee of the Egyptian Company for Takaful Insurance.
6. Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Private Insurance Fund for employees of Al Baraka Egypt Bank.
• His sovereignty has a current and previous membership in some other legal bodies including:
1. Member of the International Union of Arab Bankers.
2. Member of the American Chamber of Commerce in Cairo.